Turns out that when, as part of maintaining your weight loss, you choose not to sit down very often, it is hard to keep up with a blog. Funny thing, that. However, I have an idea I want to try, that I’m hoping will motivate me to make a quick post nearly every day. Yeah, I know I’ve said similar things before, but I am going to try very hard to make blogging one of my daily habits.
I have been thinking very hard on how to articulate the steps a person might take in achieving a real healthier lifestyle. My thoughts on how to do this are based on a few lessons I’ve learned over the past (almost) 2 years:
- Willpower is not enough. In order to make longterm changes, you need to form new healthy habits.
- Don’t try to change a lot of things all at once, or try to form a bunch of new habits at the same time.
- Most of the food you eat should be whole, natural foods–and mostly fruits and vegetables. Don’t get hung up on “superfoods” just eat real, unprocessed food, in as much variety as you can manage.
- Any change you make towards getting healthy needs to be something you can imagine living with your entire life.
- While exercise is incredibly important towards living a healthier life, what you eat is even more important.
My idea is to talk about a new healthy habit, or lifestyle change, each week (starting tomorrow). These are all habits I have adopted in order to change my life, and I feel like each one has been a positive, rewarding change. If you decide to follow along and give them a try, please let me know. I’d love to know if this works for you.